We care about your personal data
Allianz Insurance Lanka Limited & Allianz Life Insurance Lanka Limited are Non-Life and Life Insurance Companies known together as Allianz Lanka, are fully-owned subsidiaries of Allianz SE, and having the license to practice Non-Life and Life Insurance in Sri Lanka. Protecting your privacy is a top priority for us. This privacy notice explains how and what type of personal data will be collected, why it is collected and to whom it is shared or disclosed. Please read this notice carefully.
1. Who is the data controller?
A data controller is the individual or legal person who controls and is responsible to keep and use personal data in paper or electronic files. Allianz Insurance Lanka Limited and Allianz Life Insurance Lanka Limited are the data controller as defined by relevant data protection laws and regulation.
2. What personal data will be collected?
We will collect and process various types of personal data about you as follows:
- Full name
- Date of Birth
- National Identity Card/Passport Details
- Telephone Number
- Email address
- Educational & professional Experience & affiliations
- Business Activities
- Travel & expenses information
- Financial Details (eg. Credit/Debit Card & Bank Account Details etc)
- Identification checks & background vetting
- Other Information (eg: Family, Life Style, Social circumstances etc.)
3. How will we obtain and use your personal data?
We will collect and use your personal data that based on our legitimate interests and/or to comply with our legal obligations.
- Insurance Contract administration
- To administer debt recoveries
- for technical administration, research and development of the Allianz;
- for customer and user administration and marketing;
- to maintain business relationships;
- to conduct research and analysis with regard to our business relations;
- to inform you about our events, services, products and news when you visit the Allianz
- Website or when you subscribe to our newsletter or mailing lists;
- to facilitate compliance with securities law, public company listing requirements and
- related laws and regulations;
- for fraud prevention and detection;
- to comply with any legal obligations (e.g. tax, accounting and administrative obligations)
4. Who will have access to your personal data?
We will ensure that your personal data is processed in a manner that is compatible with the purposes indicated above.
For the stated purposes, your personal data may be disclosed to the following parties who operate as third party data controllers:
- Public authorities, other Allianz Group companies, other insurers, co-insurers, re-insurers, insurance intermediaries/brokers, and banks
- Other Allianz Group companies, technical consultants, experts, lawyers, loss adjustors, repairers, medical doctors; and service companies to discharge operations (claims, IT, postal, document management); and
- Advertisers and advertising networks to send you marketing communications, as permitted under local law and in accordance with your communication preferences. We do not share your personal data with non-affiliated third parties for their own marketing use without your permission.
- In the event of any contemplated or actual reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in any insolvency or similar proceedings; and
- To meet any legal obligation, including to the relevant ombudsman if you make a complaint about the product or service we have provided to you.
5. Where will my personal data be processed?
Your Personal Data may be processed worldwide on a need-to-know basis by the parties as mentioned above. We will ensure that contractual restrictions are implemented regarding confidentiality and security in line with applicable data protection laws and regulations. We will not disclose your Personal Data to parties who are not authorized to Page 3 of 4 process them.
Whenever we transfer your personal data for processing to EEA, we will do so on the basis of Allianz’s approved Binding Corporate Rules known as the Allianz Privacy Standard (Allianz BCR) which establish adequate protection for personal data and are legally binding on all Allianz Group companies. Allianz BCR and the list of Allianz Group companies that comply with them can be accessed. Where Allianz BCR do not apply, we will instead take steps to ensure that the transfer of your personal data to EEA receives an adequate level of protection as it does in Sri Lanka.
6. What are your rights in respect of your personal data?
Where permitted by applicable law or regulation, you have the right to:
- Access your personal data held about you and to learn the origin of the data, the purposes and ends of the processing, the details of the data controller(s), the data processor(s) and the parties to whom the data may be disclosed;
- Withdraw your consent at any time where your personal data is processed with your consent;
- Update or correct your personal data so that it is always accurate;
- Delete your personal data from our records if it is no longer needed for the purposes indicated above;
- Restrict the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances, for example where you have contested the accuracy of your personal data, for the period enabling us to verify its accuracy;
- Obtain your personal data in an electronic format for you or for your new insurer; and
- File a complaint with us and/or the relevant data protection authority.
7. How can you object to the processing of your personal data?
Where permitted by applicable law or regulation, you have the right to object to us processing your personal data, or tell us to stop processing it (including for purposes of direct marketing). Once you have informed us of this request, we shall no longer process your personal data unless permitted by applicable laws and regulations.
You may exercise this right in the same manner as for your other rights indicated above.
8. How long do we keep your personal data?
We are committed to keep your Personal Data only so long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which the data was collected for or to fulfil legal obligations.
We will not retain your personal data for longer than necessary and we will hold it only for the purposes for which it was obtained.
9. How can you contact us?
If you have any queries about how we use your personal data, you can contact us by telephone, email or post as follows:
Allianz Insurance Lanka Limited/ Allianz Life Insurance Lanka Limited
Data Protection Officer
Legal & Compliance Department
Levels 25-27, One Galle Face Tower,
No. 1A, Centre Road, Colombo 02, Sri Lanka.
0112 132 008
10. How often do we update this privacy notice?
We regularly review this privacy notice. We will tell you directly when there’s an important change that may impact you.