1. What is a Privacy notice ?
Allianz Insurance Lanka Limited & Allianz Life Insurance Lanka Limited are Non-Life and Life Insurance Companies known together as Allianz Lanka, are fully-owned subsidiaries of Allianz SE, and having the license to practice Non-Life and Life Insurance in Sri Lanka. Protecting your privacy is a top priority for us. This privacy notice explains how and what type of personal data will be collected, why it is collected and to whom it is shared or disclosed. Please read this notice carefully.
2. Who is the data controller ?
A data controller is the individual or legal person who controls and is responsible to keep and use personal data in paper or electronic files. Allianz Insurance Lanka Limited and Allianz Life Insurance Lanka Limited are the data controller as defined by relevant data protection laws and regulation.
3. What personal data will be collected ?
We will collect and process various types of personal data about you as follows:
- IP Address
- the website from which you visited us
- the type of browser software used;
- the Allianz Website pages that you visit; and
- the date and duration of your visit to the Allianz Website
We will also collect and process various types of personal data, including:
- Surname, first name, Title
- Date of birth
- National Identity Card Number/ Passport Number
- Company Name, Business or Profession
- Telephone numbers
- Email address
- Credit/debit card and bank account details
- Lifestyle and other information
4. How will we obtain and use your personal data?
Allianz will use your personal data for the following purposes:
- for technical administration, research and development of the Allianz Website;
- for customer and user administration and marketing;
- to maintain business relationships;
- to conduct research and analysis with regard to our business relations;
- to inform you about our events, services, products and news when you visit the Allianz Website or when you subscribe to our newsletter or mailing lists;
- to facilitate compliance with securities law, public company listing requirements and related laws and regulations;
- for fraud prevention and detection;
- to comply with any legal obligations (e.g. tax, accounting and administrative obligations)
For the purposes indicated above, we will process personal data we receive about you from public and commercial databases. We will inform you where we require your consent to process your personal data. Otherwise, we will process your personal data to meet our legitimate business interests (including maintaining contact with clients, providing updates and information about Allianz, organizing and hosting events, and conducting market research and analysis) or where it is needed to comply with a legal obligation. In addition, we may also process your personal data to enter into a contract with you, or to perform our obligations under an existing contract with you. Allianz respects applicable laws and regulations in its use of personal data.
5. Who will have access to your personal data?
We will ensure that your personal data is processed in a manner that is compatible with the purposes indicated above.
For the stated purposes, your personal data may be disclosed to the following parties who operate as third party data controllers:
- Other Allianz Group companies;
- Authorized agents and third party service providers.
For the stated purposes, we may also share your personal data with the following parties who operate as data processors under our instruction:
- Authorized agents, service providers, and research analysis agencies; and
- Facilitators, consultants or experts managing communications and Allianz sponsored events.
Finally, we may share your personal data in the following instances:
- With law enforcement agencies, government and regulatory bodies to meet applicable legal or regulatory obligations.
6. Who will have access to your personal data?
Your personal data may be processed both inside and outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) by the parties specified above, subject always to contractual restrictions regarding confidentiality and security in line with applicable data protection laws and regulations. We will not disclose your personal data to parties who are not authorized to process them.
Whenever we transfer your personal data for processing outside of the EEA by another Allianz Group company, we will do so on the basis of the binding corporate rules (BCRs) of Allianz known as the Allianz Privacy Standard (APS) which establish adequate protection for personal data and are legally binding on Allianz Group companies. The public version of the APS and the list of Allianz Group companies that comply with them can be accessed here.
Where the Allianz Privacy Standard does not apply, we will instead take steps to ensure that the transfer of your personal data outside of the EEA receives an adequate level of protection as it does in the EEA. You can find out what safeguards we rely upon for such transfers (for example, Standard Contractual Clauses) by contacting us as detailed below.
7. What are your rights in respect of your personal data ?
Where permitted by applicable law or regulation, you have the right to:
- Access your personal data held about you and to learn the origin of the data, the purposes and means of the processing, the details of the data controller(s), the data processor(s) and the parties to whom the data may be disclosed;
- Withdraw your consent at any time where your personal data is processed with your consent;
- Update and correct your personal data so that it is accurate;
- Delete your personal data from our records if it is no longer needed for the purposes indicated above;
- Restrict the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances, e.g. where you have contested the accuracy of your personal data, for the period enabling us to verify its accuracy;
- Obtain your personal data in an electronic format;
- File a complaint with us and/or the relevant data protection authority; and
object to us processing your personal data, or tell us to stop processing it (including for purposes of direct marketing).
8. How can you object to the processing of your personal data ?
Where permitted by applicable law or regulation, you have the right to object to us processing your personal data, or tell us to stop processing it (including for purposes of direct marketing). Once you have informed us of this request, we shall no longer process your personal data unless permitted by applicable laws and regulations.
You may exercise this right in the same manner as for your other rights indicated in section 6 above.
9. How long do we keep your personal data?
We will not retain your personal data for longer than necessary and we will hold it only for the purposes for which it was obtained.
10. How can you contact us?
If you have any queries about how we use your personal data, you can contact us by [telephone], email or post as follows:
Allianz Insurance Lanka Limited/ Allianz Life Insurance Lanka Limited
Data Protection Officer
Legal & Compliance Department
Levels 25-27, One Galle Face Tower,
No. 1A, Centre Road, Colombo 02, Sri Lanka.
0112 132 008
11. How often do we update this privacy notice?
We regularly review this privacy notice. We will tell you directly when there’s an important change that may impact you.